Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Do I pick out my furniture or my rug first?

I think this is the oh so familiar question;  What do I pick out first my furniture or my rug? 

Anchoring a room with a rug
 In design school they teach anchoring the space with a rug from the get go is the way to navigate the design of an empty room. I disagree.





I prefer to set the furniture first in a room. 






customize color



Then define the seating areas and customize the color

















 The rug design details later, as the room organically unfolds.









To help visualize the correct size of rug I often supply plastic table cloth templates for odd or round spaces.


 For larger areas I use blue painters tape to map out the edge boundaries. It helps you determine if a standard or custom size is appropriate.







I hope you enjoyed today's tips....  If you need some help call us at 917-699-1262 
Visit our website at www.harmonizehomes.com  or our sister company at www.shorechicydesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment