Saturday, June 14, 2014

Color Consultation

For must people picking paint colors can be very stressful....I look at as being fun and its only paint....I spent two hours with a client yesterday that was a having difficulties picking out paint colors....So I came in with an arm full of fan decks and suggestions. We spent some time discussing what her plans were ....her likes and dislikes

The first thing that I do is look at the entire house...as you want the hues and intensity to coordinate.   As you can see by her floor plan its pretty much an open one. I thought I would share what the colors look like in an actual room rather than just on a swatch ....these rooms are not the actual rooms that we are painting rather examples of rooms painted in the colors that we choose.


The first room we did was the dinning room - I picked out Farrow and Ball Cream #44 - Her colors in surrounding area's are golds and browns - This is a classic colour based only on the addition of yellow ochre and a little lamp black. - Mid Tone undercoat..



My client is an aroma and Reiki therapist....So her office needs to have a calming feel to it.  I picked out Benjamin and Moores Mesquite #501"Mesquite is a flattering light moss green without much yellow. I love it because it doesn't shout 'I'm green!' It says, 'I'm a very beautiful color.'" 




There were two spare guest rooms and a guest bathroom upstairs that we went to next.  I picked out Heirloom Gold by Benjamin and Moore - It will be perfect with the bedding and window coverings.



The next bedroom featured blues and browns....a bit more of a country feel with cottage furniture we picked out Benjamin and Moore HC 23 which coordinates beautiful with both summer and winter bedding in this room.

Finally the bathroom upstairs - Love Love this color - It is called Tea Light #471


Sources
Color Coordinator - Harmonizing Homes
Farrow and Ball #44 - Farrow and Ball
Benjamin and Moore #501 -#501
Benjamin and Moore Heirloom Gold -#255
Benjamin and Moore Yorkshire Tan -HC23
Benjamin and Moore Tea light -#471


No comments:

Post a Comment