Friday, March 15, 2013

Are you in the RED???



I had my father paint my room RED when I was 15 years old...I wish I had a picture to share....I had blue shag carpet, poppy red walls, and red and blue poppy spreads and drapes...I have always had a love affair with color.



RED is an emotional color - it is Activating, Stimulating, Passionate Exciting, Powerful, Expanding Richness/Warmth, Love/Sensuality,Transformation and it attracts attention.







I used red a few years ago, when I redesigned our summer cottage at the Jersey Shore - I decided to play off the red through out the house starting in the kitchen.

Bedrooms are right off kitchen so I included Red in the bedding

The Red is a great color with just about any color cabinet
Below images are from various sources ( not the work of Harmonizing Homes) - 


Red is great for an accent wall


It works outside and in




Red accent appliances make a statment

You can have fun with Red


Love the way it POPS

A Red door welcomes your guests

Here are some of Benjamin Moore ten top colors of  RED
Farrow & Ball  RED

What is your favorite red??











No comments:

Post a Comment