Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A day of Redesign and Orgnaization

It took an entire day to de-christmastize my home....It started out like this..a few broken balls.....


I placed everything into the back bedroom so that I could completely clean the living area.....Windows and floors were washed....

I took the advantage of moving items around....a sort of redesign of space...taking from one room and moving into another room...

This is where the Christmas tree stood....I was not happy with where the chair was before, so I moved it over by the window and borrowed a round table from the bedroom as a new accent table....You don't have to shop at a store...just look around your own home...don't be afraid to mix things up a bit...





The result is a great clean open look.....









The dump table is clean and organized for the photo shoot...but by the end of the day, the chairs will have back packs, coats, keys and sunglasses for sure...not to mention the mail.














I took the old antique planter table that was in the living room and placed it on the porch for a winter garden....which can be seen from the living room window....






Before Shot of Tiffany
After



 I added Tiffany a piece I just finished designing...Tiffany is a piece that I found at a garage sale in Island Heights, New Jersey...She is originally from North Bennington Vt from a furniture store called Cushmans.  She is finished in Annie Sloan Provence and Graphite ...I used a Dark, Clear and Silver Gilding wax....The knobs are from Anthropology.    She will be on display until she is sold....
She fits in just great...




The point is don't be afraid to mix, and move things around in your house......Give me a call
I would be very happy to help you out......what do you have to loose???


www.harmonizinghomes.com or visit our sister company www.shorechicydesigns.com  or call is at 917-699-1262

T
Now I can read my new book My French Life

No comments:

Post a Comment